Thursday, February 19, 2009

Week 4

So far the food has been pretty good. It's not restaurant quality by any means, but most of it isn't tasteless or bland either. What bothers me about this is that I miss making my own food. I'm a hands on kinda gal. There's nothing inherently satisfying about poking a few holes in plastic and popping the dish in the microwave. And then there's that whole size thing. I'm used to so much more. I know that was part of the problem. What's girl to do?

Well, I am allowed to have almost all of the veggies that I want. Corn is kind of a no-no. I stick to your basic greenies with a few orange, red, and purples thrown in. Say for instance tonight's dinner was chicken fettuccine. What can I do to spruce it up? Hmmm, I can saute some mushrooms, onions and garlic and a 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and steam some broccoli or asparagus. Then, toss the fettuccine with the veggies. I'd then have a full colorful plate w/o being deprived.

What do you do to renovate your frozen meals? Do you add your own special seasonings? Do you cut up a few carrots or slice a few scallions? Think about it and get back to me.

Down-6.2 lbs since 01/16/09

No comments: