Monday, July 21, 2008

You Know I'm Sick When

I tell you I don't want anything to eat. Or I'm not hungry. Those are indicators that something isn't right in my world. For the last three or so days, the mere thought of eating has made me sick to my stomach. And that just ain't natural. I couldn't even watch the Food Network that's the kind of shape I was in. For someone who has three squares a day and routinely plans meals days in advance, this was so not good. I mean I even missed work. Some would say, 'You missed work for a stomachache?'. To which I would reply, 'No, not for a stomachache. It was the nausea, headache and the roiling in my belly that kept me at home'. What's a girl to do?



Well, my strategy was to eat something so that I wasn't completely depriving my body. You know it's bad when a comfort food like oatmeal treats you like a redheaded stepchild. Today, some caring friends suggested soup. I had a lovely beef barley from Au Bon Pain. I wanted the loaded baked potato, but I thought it best not to risk it. The chicken noodle soup was totally unappealing. There's something offputting about those noodles. SC agreed. I'm thinking that once I'm feeling normal I'm going back to get some of that baked potato soup.

What is your 'go to' food? Is it a nice bowl of soup? Or a hot cup of tea? I know tea is a drink, but we're going with it for now. How about plain toast or crackers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alica. I hope you feel better soon!