Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Is It Meat?

That's my question today. My lunch today is Jenny Craig's tortellini soup. There are six tortellini in here. Yes, I counted. It's not bad, but I can't tell if the pieces floating around in the tomato based soup are meat or not. It doesn't say that they aren't, but it doesn't say that they are beef either. Why do I suspect that it's not beef/meat? Well, the texture is a little off. Shoot, even cheap beef feels more real that this. These little meat like nuggets feel a little rubbery. I know I should just shut up and eat my lunch, but I just can't help but wonder. Is this stuff real? You see they tell me that the cheese burrito doesn't have any meat in it and that it contains tofu. Okay, I can deal with that. I can bury the tofu under extra salsa and a little fat free sour cream. This 'beef' though is floating all through the soup. You can't avoid it.

Of course, if I could learn to be more disciplined then I could eat my own food, but I can't be trusted just yet.

No comments: