Tuesday, September 9, 2008

But I'm Hungry Now!

Have you ever had that feeling?? There's nothing done and you're hungry. There's a little dude inside that looks like that Honeycomb monster in the commercials. Well, that's how I feel when I get home most nights. The main problem is I'm the cook. Dinner can't done any faster than I make it. Having said that, you'd think that I'd have a fridge or freezer full of quick meals. I'd have something fast to appease the beastie within. Nope, much to my dismay, I have things that need to be prepared fresh. There's rarely a frozen hot dog or pizza in sight. Generally, there are no chips or anything like that in the house either. MJ and TY are the obvious snack fiends. I am too lazy to go to the trouble of getting the snacks down. What does a hungry girl in my position do then? I eat fruit and/or cheese. Generally, we have one or the other on hand. I also like pepperoni or pickles. One of these days I am just going to prepare an antipasti platter so that I can enjoy a little something when I get home. Who knows, it might wind up as dinner.


What do you do when hunger strikes and you have nothing prepared? Do you have a snack stash? Would you walk to a local eatery? Are you a chip person or will fruit or veggies satisfy your urges? Let me know. I might add it to my aresenal.

3 comments:

Angry Asian said...

embarrassing to say but i usually keep an inventory of instant noodles in my cupboard. not ramen noodles but the fancy schmancy asian stuff... from vietnam, thailand, china, korea etc. they're quick and easy and if i have veggies in my fridge, like lettuce, cilantro, green onions, they go in too.
it's only warm/hot here for aout 4 months (longer for some people but i grew up in thailand, anything below 80degrees is cold) so it's a great warm-me-up meal.

Anonymous said...

Hey there :)
Adopt a blogger matches are up on my blog.
Thanks for participating!

AJ said...

I would love to be able to make the fancy ramen. I just know the cup of noodles things. Have you posted on your site what to do with the fancy ones?