Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's All Greek to Me

Or at least I wish it was. I have been hankering for a taste of the Greek life. I love the flavors of the Mediterranean. Lemon, mint, oregano are some of the stars. I love a really fresh olive oil. I've only had a few dishes in my life and I want to try more. However, there don't seem to be many offerings in the DC area. Or none that my acquaintances care to share info on. Help! If you know of any good places, please let a girl know. Also, let me know what I should try. Any offerings of squid, well, let's just say I'm not gonna eat it. Most other things are fair game.

What ethnic food do you have a taste for? What flavors do you like? I mean if I can't travel the world for real at least I can take a spin via food. I'm gonna find me an Armenian pizza one of these days. What's your world cuisine pleasure?

2 comments:

Angry Asian said...

i don't know any greek joints in your neck of the woods (VA) but there are some crazy good ones here in bmore (greektown) and there's one in Rockville called Mykonos that is really good.

i heart me some Korean food (there's plenty to choose from in annandale) and of course Vietnamese (arlington). i also loooove ethiopian food, spanish tapas, indian, thai... oh it just goes on and on! :)

AJ said...

I guess I have to plan a trip to Bmore and soon. I'll see if I can rendezvous with one of my co-workers to try Mykonos. He's a librarian. We library folk love to cook and eat.

I had Korean food for the first time 6 or so weeks ago in Annandale. It was a little joint in a corner across from the Kmart. It was so good. I need to go back. I love Indian food. Want to explore Thai and Vietnamese.