Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm Bored

There I said it! It's true. I am bored with cooking. It's just that I don't have the time or inclination to cook much anymore. I sometimes feel as if my efforts are un- or underappreciated. While I love to cook b/c I love to eat, it's just not the same as if you are cooking for someone else. Would I feel better if I had a fancy kitchen to cook in? Probably not. Would it make a difference if I had expensive ingredients? I hardly think so. I used to have a library of 50+ cookbooks. It was probably closer to 100, but I am not going to claim that many. I weeded my collection down as I realized I only used a few. I have a couple that belonged to my parents that I rely on for reference, but most of my recipes I print off the internet. Generally, I tweak them to suit my tastes, what I have on hand, or how much some fancy ingredient costs.

It sounds like I need some positive reinforcement, validation. I'd like a little help in the meal planning, some input, more chicken, less beef. I want to up our veggie intake. I'm planning to use our crockpot more just to save me some time and headache if no one has their say. I could go to one of those meal prep places, but I am not sure if that is the best use of my grocery dollar.

Well, that's my whine for today. I should have served some cheese or chocolate with it. What would you do? Have you ever been to one of those meal prep places? What kinds of things do you fill your freezer with?

No comments: