Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What's for Lunch?

Yesterday's dilemma was the lunch hour. Like that really matters. What's really important is what you have for lunch and who's buying. Come on I don't care what they say about there's no such thing as a free lunch. Sure there is. Haven't you ever won a bet with a friend. Or your spouse, parent or other loved one taken you out for a meal just because. Okay, I digress. One of my favorite things to have for lunch is pizza. And the only thing better than pizza for lunch is free pizza for lunch. Today is my lucky day! We are having a pizza party at work. The only thing it will cost is a drink. Hey, I keep Lipton tea bags in my desk so that I can have iced tea any time I want.

Let me tell you it sure beats having the whole grain chicken nuggets that I had planned to have today. I'll save those for later in the week. They are not my favorite, but they are convenient. I hope to get better at preparing my favorites so that I have better options than chicken nuggets. I love cheeseburgers. And I discovered a great slow cooker sloppy joe recipe a few weeks ago. Chicken parmagiana is a good choice. Okay, I like almost anything with pasta. You know and I know that I'm a slacker so we can see more chicken nuggets in my future.

What would lunch time meal would most surprise the foodies in your life?

No comments: