Thursday, May 8, 2008

I've Got a Taste

Sitting here at my desk smacking my lips, I've got a taste for something. For the life of me, I could not tell you what it is. I do know it isn't something sweet. It might be seafood with an Asian twist. I know it isn't beef for a change. Steak is my go to food. Could it be pasta plain with a little butter, parm, and seasoning? Okay, if it has those things on it is it really plain? I digress. I want something slightly spicy, slightly smoky (maybe grilled or fire-roasted), and juicy. I can smell what I want, can almost taste it. Unfortunately, what it is has me stumped. Has this ever happened to you? Normally, what would happen is I would eat and eat and eat until my soul had been satisfied or my stomach started to hurt. So not an option these days.

Let me close my eyes for a second. See if I can do a sensory recall. One deep breath. I'm getting a whiff of smoke. Sniff, sniff. Hmmm, that smells like charcoal. Oooo, mesquite chips, more smoke. I can almost taste that spice. MMMMM, fennel, pepper, oregano. Wait, I've got it! I'd love to have a hot, spicy grilled Italian sausage. Even better, it would be loaded with grilled peppers, onions and mushrooms. You see I love to cook on the grill. The only problem with that is I live in a condo. No grills. There is hope. We may be able to have hibachis. That would be so awesome. In the meantime, does anyone know where I can get a killer Italian sausage?

No comments: